Martial arts are traditional and condensed systems that are in practice for numerous reasons like self-defense, spiritual and mental development. So, it would be better if you have a subject matter expert before you begin it on your own. Just in case, if you couldn’t find any no worries you can follow the tips in our article on martial arts exercises for beginners that you can do at home to pull your first curtain in the martial arts field.
Be Clear about your Need and Interest
It is imperative to have basic knowledge of the types of martial arts and their benefits before you start exercising,as the requirement will be different for each style,exercises can be broadly classified into two based on the martial art type, naming striking exercises and grappling exercises. You will get a deeper understanding of what you will need going forward on this articleon martial arts exercises for beginners that you can do at home.
Martial arts like karate, Wing Chun involves striking, and it is necessary to practice punching exercises for this kind of techniques. When it comes to punching exercises, jabbing is the one you can carry out without any equipment. To do so, you must quickly make a punch with your right arm in forwarding position. Then repeat the same with your left arm. Doing 10 to 15 full squat daily will strengthen all your muscles.
When it comes to kicking Taekwondo, Capoeira and Savate are the popular forms of martial arts. You will need a reliable platform one foot above the ground. Step up on the platform with one of your leg and make sure that your weight is evenly distributed, now step down. Repeat the same for nine to twelve times. The dumbbell split squat is a well-known exercise for its result in strengthening the hamstrings. Do the same for nine to twelve times and increase the count going forward.
These are some of the Martial arts exercises for beginners that you can do at home.
Exercises for Grappling
There are some martial arts like Hapkido, Sumo, Aikido, Jujutsu, Sambo, and Judo requires immense arm power. You can find some super arm strengthening exercises below,
- To start to stay in push-up position
- Make sure that your elbows are aligned with your shoulders. Spread your weight across your forearms and toes.
- Your head and heel should be aligned to a straight line. Hold in this posture for 20 seconds concentrating on your breath.
- You can take a rest if needed by resting your knees on the floor.
- Repeat the same procedure three times.
Forearm Plank will strengthen your forearm bones and muscles.
Stand straight with your feet closer. Now sit on the edge of the wide chair.
- Rest your hands with an open palm on the seat to the sides of your thighs.
- Now bend your elbows so that there is a 90 degree between your elbows and push yourself towards the floor.
- Lift your arms straight and pull your body back to its origin position.
Caution: Make sure that your chair doesn’t have wheels on them.
When you feel you have crossed your beginner level, Practice with shadow boxing, footwork Drills. Happy learning!!