Research shows meditation can be a great boost to health. Scientific studies have proven that meditation can greatly improve people’s health and their intellectual abilities. In this article we are going to explore the health benefits that are brought by routine meditation practice.
Heath Benefits Of Meditation
- Eliminate cardiovascular diseases- Frequent meditation has been proven to cut off mortality rates by 48% that are caused by varying fatal heart diseases. This has apparently prolonged life expectancy for people who practice meditation.
- Baby development during pregnancy- Meditation is known to boost interaction of hormones and adapting to physical environment which is very critical to mothers during pregnancy.
- Brain activity- Meditation greatly improves harmonious and efficient brain activity especially for those people who spend long hours.
- Good sleep- Meditation has been popularly known to lower stress levels. Practicing it is a sure way to moderate chronic insomnia i.e. Sleeplessness.
- Distress solution- This practice lowers blood pressure and lessen psychological distress and hypertension and make people cope well even when under pressure.
- Glowing skin- It has been tested and proven that it helps in hormonal balance thus it helps to reduce skin disorders and makes the skin to be beautiful and radiant.
- Moderate Tempers- Through meditation you are trained how to calm down in a natural way. These will significantly moderate tempers and improve your whole personality.
- Curbing addiction to smoking and alcoholism – Those who do meditation are quit engaged and eventually find it as best means to break away from bad lifestyles like smoking and drug abuse. Meditation is proven to curb such habits more effectively than therapy and rehabilitation.
The benefits of meditation are limitless. They are wide ranging from hormonal balance, lessening anxiety, improving brain activity and moderating tempers. Meditation is a worthy practice. It is also believed to boost immunity levels and heal many ailments related unsettled thoughts.
Learn more about meditation from Ted Talks: